Monday 9 November 2009

Healthy grieving?



This is the season when things die, and unfortunately it is people too. We talk about people being in the Autumn of their lives, but what if they have died long before that?

At the moment, one of my sister's best friends is planning her own funeral, down to the meal at the wake. The cancer has left her ragged. My bil is a medic in Afghanistan, and dealing with more pain and suffering than I can imagine. One of my students has just suddenly lost his mother in tragic circumstances. And another her best friend who died in a road accident. Over the last two days I have found myself trying to counsel the latter two as best I can

And of course my thoughts and words have turned to Kai.

I have spoken to both of the youngsters of the stages of grief, but I have a sense of "Do as I say, not as I do".

No comments:

Post a Comment