Friday 20 March 2009

Not quite what I had in mind......



The day before yesterday I activated a project, really activated it....to lose weight and get more exercise. I don't think that what happened was really an answer.... a nasty bout of gastro, I have *lost* 2.5 kgs and got plenty exercise running to the loo, every hour during the night.

Still, it made me think about my project, and the book I am reading reinforced it.. any changes have to come from me, there is no magic pill, it is down to my determination and the positive thinking that sophro brings with it.

I have been trying to come up with an explanation of what sophro is for me, away from the scientific basis that it has. For me it is a way of active relaxation that helps me to get into the state of mind where I can influence my future. I hope that I can find a simpler way to explain it later, but for the moment that will have to do.

As I drink my tea this morning, I know that *those* lost kilos will come flooding back, but the insights that I had yesterday, in between dozing, shall stay. And the kilos that I am going to lose as from here on in, will really be lost. And the exercise will be a bit more targeted, so that I reach my objective of a healthy weight, and a toned body.

No comments:

Post a Comment